One of the best marketing tools you could take advantage of is your social media identity. It doesn’t cost money if you don’t want it to, and it gives you access to millions of viewers worldwide if you know what you’re doing. Once you get your name out there, having a successful social media presence can be very helpful for marketing your products, even if you’re not directly selling your business. Here are a few tips on how you can improve your own social media footprint.
- Keep up with current events and trends - Keeping current with the news is a great way to make your presence relevant. Current events is a huge part of what makes social media tick, from breaking news releases, reactions to the breaking news, pictures and videos of events taking place, and everything else under that umbrella. Adding your two cents on those kind of trends is an easy way to make your posts relevant, and people will begin to notice what you’re bringing to the table.
- Use memes - This goes along with current events. Memes are one of the most commonly found items on the internet these days, many of them aiming at being funny and viral. A good many of the top shared items across social media platforms are usually memes. Memes are a good way to keep current, while also adding a humorous facet of your footprint, which is something that draws more people in. It doesn’t actually sell anything, but as long as you use relevant, current memes, it helps let people know that you’re out there and keeping on top of things.
- Interact with your community and keep the conversation going - As people reply to your posts, you get more secondary looks based on whomever follows the person responded to you. If you can keep the conversation going, you can begin to construct a small digital community of people who like to follow what you’re posting. Creating that following allows you to build up an audience for people who may end up being customers or at the very least referring others to you. The more you spread the love, the more people will be there loving you right back. Every response you give to someone is them appreciating that you know they exist. That’s priceless on the internet.
- Don’t be afraid to pitch - Once you gather a nice following, it’d be a pretty good idea to start using that to your advantage. This means you can subtly plug your products every now and again. Whether you do it as a clever response to something that comes across the wire or as a social media campaign that reaches out to your community, you shouldn’t be afraid of selling what you can do. That’s the whole point of creating this social media presence, after all. If your little plug works, that may even start to spread, which is the best possible outcome you could hope for.
- Try and get involved with famous people if you can - A great endorsement you can strive for would be from someone who’s got a big following on their own, i.e. a celebrity. In today’s day and age, people like to follow and listen to what famous celebrities like to say. If you can get someone of stature to back your product and what you do, or at the very least acknowledge your existence publicly, that could be a big boost to your following as well, or at the very least, your viewership.
- Have fun - This might be the most important piece of advice, especially when you consider the previous points we’ve made. Creating a social media presence that stands out requires some creativity and ingenuity, and that only comes with keeping things loose and going for it every now and again. Having fun is the easiest way to enhance the material you put out, because it shows in your posts if you’re really embracing what you’re attempting to do. If you have fun, the followers you gain will also enjoy their time with what you’re sharing, and they’ll continue to come back for more.